WHAT IS THECHURCH INTERNSHIP?
theChurch Internship is designed to help you take the next step in your life as a leader, as a creative, and as a disciple of Christ. If you are unsure what path to take and you are looking for training and experience to help push you forward then this is the path for you.
These classes focus on covenant leadership that will prepare you for every facet of life whether you serve in ministry in the local church, in local/global missions, or desire to become a pastor, teacher, or leader in your community. In this class you will experience life transformation that will enhance and sharpen your skills and abilities with the following opportunities.
- The opportunity to experience hearing subjects taught by the Senior Pastor. Studying and discussing together topics such as – Discipline, Identity, Leadership, Purpose, and Covenant.
- The opportunity to be trained, mentored, and stretched to become an empowered and effective leader both in your personal life and in theChurch.
- The opportunity for hands-on practical experience in areas of ministry.
- The opportunity to think creatively as a problem-solver in areas of ministry where you are serving.
- The opportunity to learn to work with and manage your time, and resources in an efficient manner.
- The opportunity to strengthen your walk with God through spiritual development so that you can become a knowledgeable, devoted, and passionate disciple of Christ.
- The opportunity to explore “Covenant Life.” When you live in covenant with God and with others you experience and enjoy your fullest potential and live your God-ordained purpose.
WHAT IS OUR VISION AND MISSION?
To raise up transformational leaders to build and expand God’s Kingdom through theChurch. Becoming a fully activated person in Spirit, Soul and Body will equip you to discover your identity, live your purpose and experience your destiny.
Reach To reach people far from God both locally and globally.
Teach To teach people the transformational way of Jesus.
Train To train people to impact every arena of their life.
Release To release people to fulfill their God-given destiny through the ministries of theChurch.
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE INTERNSHIP?
Being around the combined knowledge and creativity of our team and actually getting firsthand experience with our equipment and facilities will be invaluable to you as you take your next step.
HOW LONG WILL MY INTERNSHIP LAST?
The 9-month Internship begins September and goes until June and will include holiday breaks for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Upon graduation, you will become an Intern at theChurch and serve as a leader in the area you are assigned to for a minimum of one year.
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION DEADLINE?
Your application is due no later than the last week of August, prior to September start. An interview with the Senior Pastor will be scheduled and your application will be processed.
WILL I BE ON MY OWN?
You will be given responsibility as needed and will be working alongside our teams.
IS A MARRIED PERSON ELIGIBLE?
Whether you are single or married, Internship is for you.
WHAT IS THE COURSE OF STUDY FOR THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM?
Discipline, Identity, Leadership, Purpose, and Covenant. During and after each course of study, a summary paper will be due on what you have comprehended from that particular subject. Additional assignments are given during the class times.
theChurch Ministry Internship Training Qualifications (pages 4-5)
- Must have completed Growth Track at theChurch (3 classes on Wednesdays at 7pm) or plan to do so.
- A Member of theChurch.
- Tithing and giving to theChurch consistently.
- Been Water Baptized.
- Currently serving in a ministry of theChurch.
- You are in Ministry Internship Training until you complete the 9 months. Upon graduation, you will be considered an Intern and agree to serve in the ministry on a volunteer basis for a minimum of one year.
Commit to serve the vision, mission and statement of faith of theChurch and the Senior Pastor during the Internship and upon graduation to continue to serve for a period no less than one year after completing the Internship studies. Commit to abide by the Leadership Honor Code, commit to serve with integrity and passion, commit to attend class each week, commit to tithing 10% of your income, commit to attend all-church prayer and to personal Bible study and prayer.
You will be held to a high standard of leadership, integrity and character.
Two-week limit for excused absences for classes to graduate.
Three worship services limit for absences on the weekends to graduate.
Internship participants are required to serve a service and worship a service on weekends and to sit up front to take notes on the message outlines. Weekly reports and completed weekend message outlines are to be submitted each Monday at class.
If you are accepted into the program, we ask that you only involve yourself totally into this study and not be involved in any other studies outside the ministry of theChurch.
You are required to bring your Bible and notebook to class each week and have taken time to study the previous week’s lesson notes.
Leadership is dressing on a professional level which means attire should be casual, modern, contemporary. Men – collared shirts, nice slacks/jeans, modest dress shorts. Women – skirts & dresses, nice slacks/jeans, modest dress shorts.